Sunday 23 October 2011

The Light at the End of the Tunnel Just Sounded its Horn

I've just been looking ahead to what I have planned for November. It looks like this:

  • 30 flash365 stories
  • 30 days of NaNoWriMo novel writing (1,667 words a day)
  • start work on the rewrites for my York Notes
  • mark student work which will start arriving soon
  • continue promoting National Flash Fiction Day including building a website and running a competition
  • read the entries for the new edition of Word Gumbo and put the issue together
  • pay a visit to Manchester at the end of the month to read at Bad Language
  • submit stories, as per usual
  • teach
  • and finally, live
I'm starting to think I may be attempting to munch more than is possible.

So, I hear you ask, what am I going to do about it?

Well, there is one thing in there which is not November-critical. It's not what you might expect, though. It's my daily flash365 story.

You see, the promise for flash365 is to publish a story every day, not that it has to have been written on that day. And, I will be doing NaNo every day so it's not like I'll be taking a month off.

Also, the plan for November is a series of linked stories all set in the same location at the same time. As such, it would be great to write them all before the first is posted, then there can be forward links as well as backwards ones.

So, there's my plan. I'm going to try and write 38 flash fictions in 8 days. It sounds insane, I know, but if I can do it then November has a chance to become that little more manageable.

Okay, off I go. Wish me luck!


1 comment: