Thursday 17 April 2014

The World in a Flash

'The World in a Flash' is the title I came up with when first asked to run an online course in flash-fiction. It seemed suitably vague while also being suitably grandiose.

It's now three years since I first ran that course, and dozens of students have now taken it and - I am assured by them - gained useful knowledge of how to write flash-fictions.

So, it seemed like a good idea to re-use the title when it came time to turn that course into a text book. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while, but this year was the first time I was able to get myself together to write it.

It contains much of the information from the course, but I've amended and added to it - including a chapter on perspective, style and experimentation that I was always sad there wasn't space for on the course - and it's now out there for all to see.

As with the flash-collections I'm writing this year, (http://unmitigated-audacity.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/flash365-2014.html) I've type-set it and self-published it, and I'm rather pleased with how it looks. Using subheadings and putting all the exercises into boxes, it looks like a proper text book and everything!

So, if you've taken one of my courses, but would like the information in a handy book form, or if you never have but would like more info on how to write flash-fiction, then maybe you should give this a go.

UK links:
Kindle               Print

US links:
Kindle               Print

(Change the .co.uk or .com to your local Amazon store as necessary...)

Oh, and the usual pleas apply. If you like it, please consider sharing the link with your friends and leaving a review.

In the next couple of months, I'll also be converting my other two courses - one in Life Writing and one in Editing & Rewriting - as part of The World in... series, and I'm already planning new books in self-publishing, genre writing, an 'advanced' flash one, and more. If you think of anything you'd like to see in the series, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment