- Student assignment marking, so that writing feels like a reward.
- Looking out of the window and taking the 'Which rock musician do you most resemble?' quiz on Facebook.
Writing music used:
Important Writing Creative Decisions taken:
- Allowing myself to write chapters of different lengths. My last novel had uniform chapters of about 2000 words. In this one, because of shifting perspective, I have decided it's okay to allow short chapters of only 400 words, or longer ones of 3000 or more, if necessary.
- I'm still not happy with the male character name (thanks, Kath, for helping me clarify this thought) but I don't know what else to use. Global search and replace will sort this later.
- Writing a third person narrative with multiple characters is much different to my last novel - first person autobiographical style - not least because I get to include dialogue. I realise how much I missed that and how much I like writing dialogue.
Daily goal: 1,667.
Today's actual amount: 3,456.
Today's cumulative word goal: 5,001.
Today's actual total: 7,582
Chocolate treat to be eaten:
- Another Tesco's Cookie.