Important pre-writing activities undertaken (non-procrastinary):
- Getting out of bed.
- Not emptying the bin.
- Answering student emails and playing around on Facebook.
Writing music used:
- Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Important Writing Creative Decisions taken:
- Realised that the name I had chosen for my main male character, an irresponsible love-rat and photocopier salesman was the name of the main bad guy in the Christopher Brookmyre book I've just finished reading, so changed it from 'Simon' to 'Tony'.
- Decided to start describing the book as The War of the Worlds (H.G. Wells not Tom Cruise) meets Much Ado About Nothing.
- Chose some very useful 80s rock hits as symbolic references.
Today's cumulative word goal: 3,334.
Today's actual total: 4,131.
Chocolate treat to be eaten:
- Tesco's Cookie.